Our streaming media platform is a loosely-coupled cluster system, designed to deliver tens to hundreds of gigabits per second to clients across the globe. It is written mostly in Python (using Twisted), and runs on Linux servers. The core streaming software, Flumotion, is an open-source project, available at http://www.flumotion.net/, whilst the advanced clustering software is proprietary. Fluendo is looking for a developer to join their team of streaming server developers and expand the video-on-demand functionality of Flumotion. Tasks include integrating new functionality in the streaming server core, adding functionality to clustering software, and providing a web-based frontend for managing and transcoding customers' VOD files.
Our group is a multimedia product and services provider. Our innovation has positioned us as one of the leading companies in audio and video streaming via internet and mobile networks. Due to our growth, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer.
You will have the opportunity to join a unique fast growing technology company with a very high skill, experienced team working with Open Source technologies.
- Experience with software development in one or more of: multimedia systems, Linux/UNIX, Python, Twisted, Web services, distributed systems.
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English is required (this is the main operating language of the company). Working knowledge of Spanish is strongly desired, but excellent candidates without this will be considered.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and libraries rapidly.
- Must work well with the rest of the our team.
- 4 or more years of development experience.
- Knowledge of Python or similar dynamic languages.
- Experience with open source development models.
- Experience with multimedia frameworks (e.g. GStreamer, DirectShow).
- Experience developing with Twisted.
- Proven ability to diagnose and debug complex multi-level problems in large-scale software systems.