Software Engineer (Python)
As a developer at Criteo you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of our services. Our goal is to automate data centers as much as possible - think Software Defined Datacenters!
You will be part of a team of 5 developers and work side by side with our SRE, Network, Hosting and development teams to design and build the next generation of asset management and provisioning tools. Through this unique component we want to provide a portal and an API to manage all our servers.
Offer cutting-edge infrastructure services to internal customers : on-demand resource allocation, automatic configuration, self-registration to service discovery and inventory. Either by developing new components or features, or by integrating open sources technologies (Ansible, Chef, Capistrano, Nagios, Centreon, Hadoop & more).
Develop open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. We’re big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
- We’re looking for talented Python developers but moreover we’re looking for people who can adapt very quickly and with an open mind. Our engineers chose and use the best tool for the job.
- You love algorithms and infrastructures, work on personal projects, are curious and stay up-to-date with technologies evolution.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator.
- Previous experience of agile methodologies (we love Scrum !)
Our R&D team of 300+ engineers are building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions, each one personalised automatically for its audience. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords! We have one of the best engineering teams in Europe, and our values are getting stuff done and having fun.
A few figures:
• 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
• More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
• 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
• Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
• 40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
You’ll find more information here : http://labs.criteo.com/