Python Monitoring Dev Lead
The Monitoring team is in charge of providing and maintaining the infrastructure and software to monitor the health of the whole Criteo platform. This covers the complete hardware and software stack: from status and statistics of network switches to high-level application metrics like the number of clicks observed. The team has also developed dedicated tools based on statistical methods and machine learning techniques to detect anomalies and ease analysis of issues.
To cover this large scope, the team is composed of both software and dev-ops engineers.
Monitoring roadmap for 2016 include a big shift in our approach by switching from a centralized to a service-oriented system (Monitoring as a service - MaaS). Providing each team with the means to properly monitor its applications leveraging the different data sources available to them in both user- and programmer-friendly interfaces.
You will be leading a team of software and dev-ops engineers while contributing technically to projects. Work closely with the other teams of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and program managers to ensure best architectures and products are used around monitoring.
- It’s not really important what technology you’ve used before (Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala, Erlang) – we’re looking for people who can adapt very quickly and with an open mind. Our engineers will choose and use the best tool for the job.
- Ship awesome infrastructure and tools on time and at very high quality.
- You like to work on a white board and are partial to post-its, we have floor to ceiling white boards and every color of sticky notes.
- You love algorithms, languages that nobody knows, work on personal projects, and are curious.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator. Previous leading and/or management experience is highly recommended.
- Contribute to promoting a strong engineering culture, passion for quality and things well done.
Compétences et expérience souhaitées
To qualify for this mission:
- Have a rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design).
- MSc in Software Engineering or related field.
- Can prove a solid experience in Object Oriented Programming and architecture (Python, C#, Java, or C++).
- Have experience with developing and extending large and complex systems.
- Have worked in Agile environments, are passionate for shipping quality code and for continuous integration and automated testing.
- Great oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (French is a plus).
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to work on problems by thinking positively and in a collaborative manner.
Bonus points :
- Experience in statistics and machine learning.
- Experience with API and web services design.
- Experience with taking the initiative and acting as a technical lead
- Previous experience in distributed systems, scalability and performance challenges.
Our R&D team of 300+ engineers are building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions, each one personalised automatically for its audience. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords! We have one of the best engineering teams in Europe, and our values are getting stuff done and having fun.
A few figures:
• 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
• More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
• 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
• Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
• 40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
You’ll find more information here : http://labs.criteo.com/