Co-founder (developer back-end)
fandation.co is a startup / platform for the music industry and its fans. Our pitch:
‘A mobile first platform for project independent and recurrent Fanfunding (subscription model) and a Fan Relationship Management (CRM) tool for the Belgian (next is European) semi-pro to pro independent and DIY music industry.
As fan become a fanbassador and be part of your idols’ dreams. Support them emotionally - crowdsource content - and financially - monthly tipping. Access their behind the scene lives and obtain personal premiums. Make an impact and get recognition.
As artist / band get insights in who your fans are and nurture your top fans. Easily share your daily story in your artist’s journal. Bundle pictures, short videos, text and audio, and show these in a rich environment in a flick. Invite and allow your fans to contribute to the story. Get fairly funded to pursuing your artistic dream.’
Let me introduce myself: Daniel Vidovsky, digital entrepreneur and creator / curator of this project. Some of my backgrounds are in the music. My grandmother was a pianist, my uncle was a conductor and a clarinettist, and my mother is a pianist too, still at the age of 82 (wow!). As a kid I’ve played the piano for about ten years, but have rather found my passion in acting. Filmsets are my biotope. Besides acting – rather as a joyful hobby – I’ve developed knowhow in digital marketing and sales as well (since 2004). And a couple of years ago entrepreneurship has become part of my daily life. Innovative digital / online business models are my cup of tea.
fandation.co is a digital platform offering musicians access to funds (cashflow) via their fans (Fanfunding), project independently and recurrently (monthly tipping, ‘pay what you feel’) – this is how we differ from traditional crowdfunding projects. In return for their financial contributions fans are offered access to their idols’ behind the scene lives, to the creative portfolios and personal premiums. The value is in the commitment an artist undertakes in maintaining a relationship with its fanbase (Fan Relationship Management), and the crowdsourced content by core fans.
Why are we doing this?
Because we believe
- Musicians are unifying people
- Musicians should create & share without boundaries
- ALL musicians should earn a respectable wage
- ALL fans should be at the helm of their idols’ careers by backing them, emotionally and financially
- Startup fandation.co is the ecosystem for Band-to-Fan-to-Band value.
“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid” – Frank Zappa.
Is the idea new and inventive?
We combine the best of existing platforms, and challenge the competitors. Our vision is based upon visions of great believers
- Creative Commons + Open Source + Open Data.
- Sharing Economy is booming business, so is Gift Economy – the more you give, the more you’ll love it and the more you’ll be happy.
- Lifestreaming / Lifelogging / Journaling / Selfies – from static web to streams e.g. Facebook Timeline, Google Glass, GetNarrative.com.
- Private Cloud – own your data vs. Facebook / Twitter.
- Gamification – to incentivise interaction and retention.
- Constantly Connected – connecting fans & bands through mobile devices.
- Be a Paparazzi – (still) a successful business model private lifestreams.
- Fan Relationship Management – top 10% of fans guarantee 90% of revenue.
To shape this idea we have
- hold a qualitative survey during the summer of 2013 questioning almost 80 bands (almost 50 of them were ready to test the platform).
- participated to the coaching program Startathlon.com (by Sirris) from October 2013 to January 2014.
- established a Board of Advisers with a musician / PhD researcher in Economics (University of Leuven and University College Brussels; Affiliated Researcher – Center for Economic Studies (CES), Affiliated Researcher – Leuven Centre for Irish Studies (LCIS), Member Advisory Board for the Arts – for the Minister of Culture Flanders, Expert Culture – Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) – European Commission), a software expert (adviser to the court of justice), a journalist (De Tijd / Mediafin) and a Venture Capital expert.
- set up a partnership: the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) will be built by a lector multimedia of Erasmushogeschool Brussels (lednetwerk.be) and will be tested during this year’s summer music festivals.
- applied and pitched to incubator StartIt@KBC (www.startit.be) in the month of April 2014. I’m one of the happy new participants (8 of 18 have been selected) to have access to a co-office and be coached by experts for a year.
- Hard-work: we share a vision and we count on reaching it (even though we ensure everyone keeps a good work- life balance).
- Respect: everyone has their ups and downs, strengths and weaknesses – we are respectful of each other.
- Transparency: do what you say and say what you do.
- You have side-projects / pieces of code / open-source projects related to web development.
- You have 2-5 years of experience with OO programming languages (we prefer Python, but hey, maybe you could do the job in Jython too).
- Encryption (privacy) and security are USPs you like managing.
- You have experience with scaling a (community) website.
- You have experience with databases.
- You have experience with content streams.
- You are proactive and you like challenges.
- You are demanding with yourself and with others (you don’t like half-assed work).
- You like to understand how things work and find root causes when problems arise.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have experience with any of those: Flask, Mongo, Angular, Bootstrap, Debian, Puppet, Ruby, Ember.
- You have a Master / Engineering degree in Computer Sciences.
- You contribute to open-source software.
- You are fluent in Dutch or French.
- You would like to work in Antwerp (remote working is possible too, of course).
One more thing
A journalist of Trends / Bizz (Belgian business magazine) spotted the project, liked it and published a small article on it j.mp/1nQEYyq (in Dutch).
What is your opinion about the project?
Drop me an e-mail so we can meet: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your profile doesn’t match this call, still, don’t hesitate to contact me. Maybe you could refer a friend / ex-colleague / aquaintance. Please do !
fandation.co // fans – facts – fun – fundsVoir l'annonce originale